Penryn and Falmouth Foodbank
How do we help?
Penryn and Falmouth Foodbank is part of a national network of foodbanks, giving out nutritionally balanced emergency food to people in crisis. We offer foodbank distribution in Highway Community Centre, Penryn.
Food banks also offer additional support to help break the cycle of poverty (putting people in touch with relevant agencies who can offer further support).
12.4 million people in the UK live below the poverty line.
When you have no financial safety net, a sudden crisis, such as bereavement, benefit delay, redundancy or illness, can leave you unable to feed yourself or your family.
Such situations can quickly deteriorate, leading to relationship breakdown, house repossession or worse. Penryn and Falmouth Foodbank works to support people who find themselves on the edge of disaster.
Can you help?
- Donate food to the food bank.
- Give your time as a volunteer: Help out at one of our supermarket collections. Sort and pack food at the foodbank centre.
- Give a financial gift towards our running costs: A one off gift or through a standing order.
- Fundraise: Put on an event. Get sponsored - do something exciting!
By agencies holding red vouchers - agencies in Penryn and Falmouth are to hold red vouchers. These are handed to those they assess are in crisis. The red voucher then entitles person to collect food from volunteers at a distribution point or to have food delivered.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Highway Community Centre
- TR10 8DA
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 12:00 - 13:00 (10:00 - 14:00 Connect @ the Cafe)
- Time of day
- Session information
Office opening hours Monday
Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 - 14:00