Busy Bodies Pre-School
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Activities are planned for individual interests covering the prime and specific areas for learning as described in the revised EYFS.
There is access to an outdoor play area and children are taken on local walks and to the park, woods and beach.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Gwinear Village Hall
- TR27 5JL
Time / date details
- Session information
- Monday : 09:00:00 - 12:00:00 Wednesday : 09:00:00 - 12:00:00 Thursday : 09:00:00 - 12:00:00 Friday : 09:00:00 - 12:00:00 Tuesday : 09:00:00 - 15:00:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £10 Per 3 hour session
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
No food provided
- As required. We provide a snack mid morning. Packed lunch required for those staying all day on a Tues.
- Experience with
- Yes would have an understanding
- We welcome all children in our pre-school and celebrate events in their lives.
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 2years years to years (spaces available: 1) From 3 & 4 years years to years (spaces available: 5)
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 09:00:00 12:00:00 Wednesday 09:00:00 12:00:00 Thursday 09:00:00 12:00:00 Friday 09:00:00 12:00:00 Tuesday 09:00:00 15:00:00
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Lynne Mildren
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Staff make regular observations and assessments of the children.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
observations and assessments, staff meetings and discussions consultations with parents.
Staff have attended training to support children's needs, i.e. Makaton, Behaviour, Visual aids, Sensory Processing.
- Links we have to other agencies
Area Senco, Children Centre Teacher, Speech and Language Therapist, Health Visitor, Teachers in local schools
- How we support children transferring to school
Teachers visit where they can. We visit the local schools where possible.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Makaton, Safeguarding training, First Aid, Visual Aids training, Sensory Processing and behaviour.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We encourage healthy eating and provide healthy snacks. We are enrolled on the Nippers Nutrition programme.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Children's Learning Journeys are shared with parents as well as formal and informal meetings. Regular newsletters.
- Our complaints policy
We have a complaints policy kept in our policy folder and can be found in the 'Parents corner'
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Full access to wheelchairs. Accessible toilet. Outside is accessible to all.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Children's training seat and/or potty available. Step for sink.
- Specialist resources we have
Speech and language resources such as 'toddler talk' Talking pen, dual language books. Talking tins.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
We risk assess activities and trips to ensure they can be accessed by all. Parents are invited to help.
Last updated: 06/06/2019