First Steps Pre-School Porthleven- After School Club
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We operate from within the St Elvan's Children Centre. We have use of the community room and have a safe secured outdoor play area.
Who to contact
Where to go
- First Steps Pre-school
St. Elvans Childrens Centre
- TR13 9BX
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Through discussion with parents we aim to support any child with special dietary needs and will seek outside agency support if required.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Yes would have an understanding
- Using are detailed registration forms we discuss with parents any cultural needs and aim to support. We would also contact Early Years EAL Support for further assistance regarding resources and interpreter support if required.
- Languages spoken
All staff speak English and use Makaton signing. We aim to support all children with EAL by working in partnership with parents. Alongwith with further support by Early Years EAL support and other outside agencies if required
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- please call for availability
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Dawn Page
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
observations and assessments. As children are already at school, we liaise closely with teachers, parents/carers.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Knowledgable and experienced staff in child development and through discussion with class teachers/parents/carers.
- Links we have to other agencies
Situated in St Elvans children centre, the setting provides easy access to outside agencies. Health visitors, family support and the Early Years inclusion team etc are all easily contacted when additional support is required e.g. speech and language therapist
- How we support children transferring to school
Children are already at school but close liaison takes place with class teachers.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
SENCO, Makaton, Autism, ADHD. All staff have safeguarding training.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We promote healthy life styles, both eating and physically. A display board promotes ideas for family healthy snacks/lunch boxes etc. Observe well-being and involvement. Grow our own vegetables to cook and eat.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Daily feedback, open door policy to enable parents/carers to call anytime to discuss queries. Involvement at TAC meetings as needed.
- Our complaints policy
Welcome to make any comments to management verbally or in writing which will be dealt with professionally without bias within 28 days.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Building is part of the Children's Centre and so built to promote accessibility.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Toilets for children in 0-2 years and 2-4 years room and nappy changing facilities. Accessible toilet.
- Specialist resources we have
Sensory room, visual aids, large sand pit outdoors, nature area, muddy kitchen, Bob the Builder's yard outdoors and Castle role play.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
We aim to include all children, trips are risk assessed to meet the needs of the children.
Last updated: 18/08/2020