Kernow Carers Service - For Young People
Support for those who care
This service for young people was previously called 'Kernow Young Carers'.
Are you a young carer or young adult?
Do you help look after your parent, brother, sister or relative who is affected by age, disability, physical or mental health problems or substance misuse?
If you are under the age of 25 and would like some advice or someone to talk to about your caring role, we’re here to help.
Offering young carers:
- activities and trips
- short breaks
- school groups
- training and educational sessions
- wellbeing practitioners and CBT
If you would like to talk with a support worker, please ring 01872 321 486, or if you would like to make a referral contact the Family Information Service on 0800 587 8191.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Action for Children
Truro Business Park
- TR4 9LD
This is the office base only. Activities & support for young people are provided at various locations throughout Cornwall.
Time / date details
- Session information
school groups and social groups take place at various times throughout the year
- Age ranges
- From 5 years to 25 years
- Referral required
- Referral details
Referrals will be accepted from families, any agency and professionals working with any member of the family including health professionals, schools, social workers, locality agencies, charities and counselling services
How to refer.
- referral is made through the Kernow Carers Service helpline on 0800 587 8191
- once a referral is received a Support Practitioner will contact the family to arrange a visit to the family home
- during the visit the worker will carry out a short assessment of the family’s needs
- a package of support will be offered to the family
- work with the child, young person or family will begin immediately and continue for as long as required
Last updated: 19/12/2018