FREE Online Employment Tool - National Autistic Society
Our team has been funded to create an accessible product to support autistic jobseekers build their employment skills and confidence in finding work. This has been done through the development of an online training module that will be free to download. The main objective is to build employability skills for autistic jobseekers but it could also be used by supported employment professionals and so will, indirectly, help upskill employability professionals.
Our aim is to create personalisation and interactivity to allow users to create a personalised profile which they can then use when attending interviews or starting work. We also envisage professionals and family members working alongside autistic jobseekers to help them also gain a deeper understanding of autism and understand the barriers that individuals on the spectrum may face.
The online resource will help autistic jobseekers:
- identify their personal skillset and positive attributes
- support their own understanding of their condition, including positive disclosure
- develop CV writing and job application skills
- develop interview techniques and strategies
- develop skills to prepare for the workplace.