St Keverne Pre-School Playgroup
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Quality childcare and learning through play.
Who to contact
Where to go
- St Keverne pre-school
St Keverne School
- TR12 6NQ
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £11.00 Per Session
- We ask parents for a £1 per week donation towards snack and cooking activities.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Can be available if required.
- Has provision
- We would aim to meet the needs of any dietary requirement that was needed.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Multi cultural training
- We would aim to embrace any culture and make it an important part of our setting. Obviously this would require working in partnership with the family which is what we strive to do as part of good practice.
- Languages spoken
English. But we would welcome any languages and every effort would be made to be inclusive.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 9:00 3:00 Tuesday Closed Closed Wednesday 9:00 3:00 Thursday Closed Closed Friday 9:00 12:00
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Claire Smitheram
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Each child has their starting points recorded upon entry to pre-school by their key person. We will then observe and plan accordingly for these children. Development is recorded on tracker charts termly in line with the EYFS developmental matters and this allows us to identify any areas that may require extra support and attention. These form part of the child's learning journey which build a comprehensive picture of each child.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
We follow the observe, asses and plan format for all children. This way we can meet the needs of each individual child as we find them.
- Links we have to other agencies
We have strong links with our SENCO team. We also work with SALT, Portage and Physio. We are also a member of CB consultancy and have an excellent relationship with Caroline Brixton.
- How we support children transferring to school
We have excellent links with both local schools. Teachers will visit from these schools several times during the summer term to meet with the children, look at learning journeys and chat with staff. Staff will support children on visits to the taster sessions at each school to help transition.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
All staff have completed visual aids training. Staff have some knowledge of Makaton and would attend further training if needed. We also have one member of staff who has completed the two day Makaton course.Two members of staff hold the designated person safeguarding qualification and the manager has attended CAF training.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We will attend additional training to meet any health needs that a child may have. We keep clear medication and accident records for each child. We work within the EYFS expectations for children's health and well being.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Daily feedback. Termly meetings. Parental input in learning journeys and knowledge of next steps.
- Our complaints policy
We have a complaints policy available for all parents to see and a complaints folder to be filled in when required.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Our building is wheelchair friendly and we would make every effort possible to make any necessary changes to meet the needs of a child/staff member when the need arose.
- Facilities we have for personal care
We have two low level toilets and sinks, one toilet is wheelchair friendly. We also have access to a changing table when needed. We would try and meet any need as we found necessary.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Robust risk assessments are completed before trips and for everyday activities and equipment. We have a high staff to child ratio and also ask for parental support on occasions.
Last updated: 20/08/2019