Foundry Under Fives Pre-school
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We have our own secure outside space & separate nature area. We have been running as a small community pre-school for over 25 years. We accept children from the age of 2 years, provided space is available, up to school age.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Lydia Ralph
- Contact position
- 01736 755511
Where to go
- Foundry Under Fives Pre-school
- TR27 4LB
Time / date details
- Session information
- Monday : 08:30:00 - 11:30:00 Monday : 12:00:00 - 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Monday : 08:30:00 - 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Tuesday : 08:30:00 - 11:30:00 Tuesday : 12:00:00 - 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Tuesday : 08.30.00 - 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Wednesday : 12.30.00 - 15.00.00 Thursday : 08.30.00 - 11:30:00 Thursday : 12:00:00 - 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Thursday : 08.30.00 - 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Friday : 08.30.00 - 11.30.00 Friday : 12:00:00 - 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Friday : 08:30:00 - 14:30:00 or 15:00:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.20 Per Hour
- Fees are payable in advance within the first two weeks of each half term.
- Age ranges
- From 2 years 6 months to 5 years 0 months
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Access to & around setting is level and wheelchair friendly.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Pre-school provides for most dietry needs after consultation with parents.
- Has provision
- We would aim to embrace any culture and make it an important part of our setting. This would involve working in partnership with the family, which is what we strive to do as part of our good practice.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Contact Lydia Ralph on 01736 755511 for vacancy information. Funded places available. We do operate a waiting list for when our spaces available do not meet your needs.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 08:30:00 11:30:00 Monday 12:00:00 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Monday 08:30:00 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Tuesday 08:30:00 11:30:00 Tuesday 12:00:00 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Tuesday 08.30.00 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Wednesday 12.30.00 15.00.00 Thursday 08.30.00 11:30:00 Thursday 12:00:00 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Thursday 08.30.00 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Friday 08.30.00 11.30.00 Friday 12:00:00 14:30:00 or 15:00:00 Friday 08:30:00 14:30:00 or 15:00:00
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Lesley Thomas (SENCO), Lydia Ralph (Deputy SENCO)
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Initial profile completed by parent/carer prior to start date. Observations by keyworker to form baseline assessment. Ongoing observations used to record progress, plan next steps, taking into account individual interests allows keyworker to identify any areas where support may be required. All information used to build each child's 'learning journey'.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
On-going observations throughout play + small focused group activities, which take into account individual interests and preferred methods of learning, inform planning which all staff members take an active part in to ensure the needs of all children are met.
- Links we have to other agencies
Speech/language therapists. SEND-CO support and training. We would link with other agencies as and when needs arise.
- How we support children transferring to school
Summative assessments shared with parents and primary school/s with parental consent. Reception teachers invited in to setting to meet children in their own familiar environment. Arrangements made with primary school/s for informal visit. If needed social story books made to assist with transition.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
All staff keep up to date with paediatric first aid. All staff visual aids trained and visual aids used on a daily basis. All staff use basic Makaton daily. Staff involved in the preparation of snacks have basic food hygiene (up-dated as required). Basic child-protection completed by all staff. Named child protection officer and deputy who have completed inter-agency child protection + CAF programme. Our SENCO's attend all the network meetings to ensure we are up to date with all current information and practices. SENCO has attended training in sensory needs, portage and attended TAC meetings.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We encourage healthy eating and have free flow to enable children to access fresh air and exercise on a daily basis. When playing outdoors in warm weather staff and children all wear hats/suncream for protection against the sun. During the colder months appropriate waterproof clothing provided for every child.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Parents have daily access to their child's learning journey. Regular key person verbal communication. 2 year old written reports. Opportunity to meet with keyworker at suitable time termly, or more often if required. Daily diary as and when needed. Holistic reports written termly. Summative assessments written annually. Copies of all reports given to parents as well as a copy put in the child's 'learning journey'.
- Our complaints policy
We have a policy on complaints which is available for all parents to read.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
- Facilities we have for personal care
Two low-level toilets in cubicles in children's toileting area, + hand washing facilities. Changing station in adult toilet.
- Specialist resources we have
We would aim to access specialist equipment as and when required.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Written risk assessment prior to visit. Staff/child ratio on trips 1:2. Parental volunteers if required. Written consent from parents prior to visit.
Last updated: 05/09/2019