Little Wonders Nursery - Penryn
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Little Wonders Penryn opened in October 2016. We look after children from 6 months to 5 years and have a purpose built building. We have 3 large spacious playrooms, one for 0-2's, one for 2+ and one for 3+.
We are an inclusive setting and seek to meet the individual needs of all children and their families.
We offer childcare to staff and students of the university as well as the wider community.
We have a lovely garden area and a separate baby garden.
Our staff are highly qualified and the Nursery Services Manager has a degree in Early Years.. Training is valued.
We are on University grounds and make the most of this using the wonderful gardens for trips out and nature walks, we do prioritise staff and students but also provide childcare for the local community.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Julia Giffen
- Contact position
- Deputy Manager
- 01326 370408
Where to go
- Little Wonders Nursery - Penryn
University Campus Penryn
- TR10 9FE
We are on University grounds and there is a car park next to the nursery, there is an hours free parking for dropping children off. Good local bus access.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £46.96 (2+) Per Full Day £50.45 (0-2) Per Full Day £29.14 Per Half Day £38.63 (2+) Short Day £42.57 Short Day
- Fee's are charged monthly. 3 AND 4 year olds can have a free funded space. There is some 2 year funding.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- We seek to meet all children's individual needs and all allergies or preferences are recorded carefully and accommodated for.
- Has provision
- Languages spoken
English. We support children with English as an additional language and seek information from parents.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- We operate a waiting list with priority given to staff and students of the universities. Small number of vacancies in Preschool room.
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 6 months years to 2 years years (spaces available: 0) From 24 years to 36 months years (spaces available: 0) From 36 months years to 60 months years (spaces available: 3)
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 8am 5.30pm Tuesday 8am 5.30pm Wednesday 8am 5.30pm Thursday 8am 6pm Friday 8am 6pm
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 28/11/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- SENCo name
- Kelly Nicolson.
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
We seek information from parents and also work with the early years inclusion officer. We observe children and plan for their individual needs and track their progress, identifying any areas they may need additional support. We also invite parents in for the child's 2 year old checks, and we have summative assessment's, we ask parents/carers to sign or comment at each meeting.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
We assess children's individual needs, identify their starting points and their next steps. We use children's interests to extend their learning.
- Links we have to other agencies
We work with the early years inclusion officer, health visitors and children's centres. We also currently have a child under speech and language who we are working alongside to support progress and development.
- How we support children transferring to school
We work with the schools, invite teachers in and provide reports. We also work with the children to ensure they are school ready. We are also using books with pictures of the schools the children are going to be attending, this will support any child who may feel anxious.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
We have qualified SENCo's and all staff are trained in child protection.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We support children to understand about being healthy.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
We work closely with parents and seek their ideas. We provide regular feedback. We have summative assessment's where the parents/carers are encouraged to write how they feel their child's development and needs are being met.
- Our complaints policy
We take all complaints seriously and try to resolve them with positive outcomes.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
We have a new building it is accessible.
- Facilities we have for personal care
We have nappy changing facilities and child size toilets and sinks. We also have a disabled toilet.
- Specialist resources we have
We have staff trained in makaton, and a selection of sensory toys. We are also lucky enough to be able to access the amazing university grounds for little trips out to explore our surroundings.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
We use the university grounds as there is lots to explore, we recently went on a trip to the local beach the children travelled there by bus.
Last updated: 26/11/2021