Looe Primary School - Nursery Class
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We have highly qualified and experienced staff and a 'good' Ofsted rating (Jan' 2019). Set within beautiful grounds with sea views, the nursery offers purpose built indoor and outdoor learning experiences. We offer a broad balanced curriculum that makes as much use of the local environment as possible. The nursery class and reception class form part of the Early Years area of Looe Primary Academy.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Looe Primary Nursery
Looe Primary Nursery
- PL13 1JY
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 Per Hour
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- We offer a hot, healthy school lunch which will be provided by the school kitchen at a cost of £2.41 per meal. This must be ordered and paid for in advance by Parent Pay. Menus are available from the school office.
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 9am 3pm Tuesday 9am 3pm Wednesday 9am 3pm Thursday 9am 3pm Friday 9am 3pm
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Mr J Smith
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
We have qualified staff within the Nursery and school setting who are confident in identifying pupils who may require additional support.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
We plan our curriculum and organise each day in response to our knowledge of how young children learn best. We use an active approach to learning and teaching which enables us to respond to the needs of our children as they move from Nursery to Foundation and then on to Year 1 and 2.
- Links we have to other agencies
We work with many different external services including Speech and Language, Educational Psychologists and Family support workers.
- How we support children transferring to school
As Looe Primary Nursery is on the site of Looe Primary School we offer an excellent transition process where pupils are able to spend time in the Early Years classroom and get to know staff throughout their time at Looe Primary Nursery.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
All staff are qualified including Pediatric First Aid trained.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We are a Trauma Informed School (TIS) so staff are continually being updated and trained within this whole school approach.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
We use an online learning journey called Tapestry to inform parents of what their child has been learning at Nursery. Parents are welcomed into the setting when their child comes to Nursery.
- Our complaints policy
We have a whole school policy which we adhere to if necessary.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
- Facilities we have for personal care
We offer changing facilities for pupils if necessary.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Parents will be informed of trips and visits that will take place. All pupils will be invited to attend and staff ratios will be met.
Last updated: 12/02/2020