Annis, Mrs Lisa Christine
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
I hold an NVQ Level 3 and Management course in Childcare. I update my courses on paediatric first aid, child protection etc as required & attend additional training that keeps me up to date with information.
I have a background in Nursery Day Care and Playgroups.
I ran a creche for 4 years at a local leisure centre until lack of funding closed it.
I have a grown-up son and 4 grand-children.
I have 1 cat and a friendly dog and have a very child friendly home. I like to be as active as possible during the day with the children and make the most of the outdoors, including parks, beaches and local play centres. I have an enclosed garden with outdoor toys a two storey playhouse and as much messy activities as possible. I also encourage the children to help with cooking, making lunches or packed lunches.
Quiet times include storytime, talk time (children can talk about events they have done over weekends etc.), music and dance time. I also have an area upstairs for the children to sleep which has monitors & two travel cots. I also let after-school children use this room if they need quiet time away from others especially after a busy day at school.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Lisa Annis
Where to go
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.00 Per Hour
- This includes any meals refreshments and snacks throughout the day.
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Willing to discuss
- Has provision
- I have a healthy eating policy and encourage the children to cook, help prepare their meals, (when possible), trying different and new flavours and introducing new fruits and vegetables to the diet.
- Do have an understanding of different cultures.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Immediate vacancies
- More spaces available when working with a registered assistant (my husband). Vacancies for 2 and 3 year old funding available.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Tuesday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Wednesday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Thursday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Friday 08:00:00 18:00:00
- Offers pickups
- St Erth Community Primary School
- Also local pre-schools
- SENCo name
- Lisa Annis
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
I work closely with the children as a group and individually to identify any areas that they may need additional support. Extra support will then be given to observe if any extra help will benefit the child and family.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
I do Regular observations and progress reports to support children's learning and development needs. Working and sharing information with parents throughout.
- Links we have to other agencies
My policies display all phone numbers and addresses of any outside agencies that I may have to contact at anytime.
- How we support children transferring to school
When a child is getting ready to start school we will do visits for the stay and play sessions, I will be involved in any visits that the school has offered and we make sure there are resources available relating to when we "go to school" in our play.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
I have experience to attend and support a child with seizures.
I attend regular Senco meetings.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
I promote healthy eating, we have talks on why we clean our teeth and wash our hands.
When we are out and about we talk about safety, why we stay together, listen and don't talk to people we don't know.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
I have regular verbal talks with parents, however I know time is precious to them so I also offer phone conversations at their convenience, my email address and the child's learning journal to be taken home.
- Our complaints policy
I have a complaints folder, I also have OFSTED phone number and address displayed.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
- Facilities we have for personal care
The children have individual towels, encouraged to use bathroom and hand washing facilities regularly, lots of role play with toothbrushes, and are encouraged to wash hands before and after meals and snack time with support from me.
- Specialist resources we have
I use the toy library to borrow toys that are age appropriate.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
All children are included in our activities and outings providing car age appropriate car seats when in the car, or buggies and wrist straps when walking.I will make sure I adjust such things to accommodate each child's age so that we can all enjoy what we are doing as a group.
Last updated: 01/09/2018