Flying Start - Saltash - Holiday Scheme
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Children help to plan activities in 6 week blocks. each day a different activity is offered in the form of a club - eg-dance club, cooking club, science club etc. Children also have free access to an outside area and pre-school rooms. The children also have their own out of school club room.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Laura Vine
- Contact position
- Nursery Manager
- 01752 840240
- Flying Start - Saltash - Holiday Scheme's facebook page
Where to go
- Cornwall College Saltash
- PL12 4AE
- Age ranges
- From 5 years to 11 years
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- All food freshly prepared on site and alternatives to set menu available on request.
- Has provision
- Experience with
Yes would have an understanding
Multi cultural training
All children are welcome in our home.
- Children take part in activities related to culture and diversity to help them learn to respect others
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 7.30am 6.00pm Tuesday 7.30 6.00 Wednesday 7.30 6.00 Thursday 7.30 6.00 Friday 7.30 6.00
- Offers pickups
Burraton Community Primary School
St Stephens Community Primary School(Saltash)
- SENCo name
- Natasha Bray
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Planning and assessment records
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Through cohort tracking and individual education plans
- Links we have to other agencies
we work with a variety of other agencies depending on children's specific needs.
- How we support children transferring to school
We have a setting transition policy, we plan visits to the local schools with the children and teachers come into visit the children. We have role play areas set up with school uniforms and pictures of the schools.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Makaton, safeguarding, behavior
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
Weekly gym and movement sessions, access to outdoors each day and fresh drinking water. Cooking clubs for children to promote healthy eating, parent events on healthy eating and cooking.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
daily feedback, termly development summaries, regular sharing of individual education plans for individual children.
- Our complaints policy
we have a complaints policy which can be viewed in center.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
ramp access to building and garden area.
- Facilities we have for personal care
accessible toilet, children's bathrooms and nappy changing facilities.
- Specialist resources we have
all specialist resources are held at our head office and accessed depending on individual children's needs.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Risk assessment and management.
Last updated: 01/10/2020