Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We aim to provide a wide range of learning opportunities for all children in order to help them to engage independent learning through play and extend their learning through recognised teaching opportunities.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Acorns pre-school
- EX22 6TH
We are using the main school gate at the beginning and end of the day, at lunch times children arriving or going home will use the main reception at the school building.
There is no carpark at the site and parking can be difficult when there are lots of parents arriving at the same time. To try and alleviate this we asking parents to use a one way system along oak lane.
More information is in our parents Handbook
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.25 Per Hour £12.75 Per 3 hour session
- charges are invoiced each half term
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Please enter details including what proof is required for the free or reduced rate
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Our building is level with the school playground. We have steps at the back of the building into the garden, but wheelchair access to the garden is via a gate to the side of our building.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- We only provide a snack, but all dietary requirements can be catered for. Depending on the needs of the child.
- Experience with
- All children are welcome in our home.
- Cultural curriculum planning.
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- We currently have spaces, please contact us for more information.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 8.45 am 3.15 pm Tuesday 8.45 am 11.45pm Wednesday 8.45 am 3.15 pm Thursday 8.45 am 3.15 pm Friday 8.45 am 3.15pm
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 06/03/2008 Integrated Good 25/11/2008 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 13/04/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 21/06/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- SENCo name
- Maria Martin
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
We use ECAT, tracking and general observations to identify a child that may require additional support. After identifying a need for additional support we would undertake more detailed observations, using a developmental journal to identify our next steps for children.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
We identify what additional support a child may need through observations and a developmental journal, using this to support our Planning and reviews. In some cases we work with other professionals that are involved with a child to provide the best support we can.
- Links we have to other agencies
We have links with our local authority. We also ensure we have good links with other professionals such as speech therapists, paediatricians, and early support team when needed.
- How we support children transferring to school
We are building good links with the school to improve the support we provide to children transitioning to school. We arrange visits into the reception class in the summer term that slowly lengthen in time so that by the time we finish in July children are staying for a whole morning or afternoon including lunch.
We ensure that the setting and each child has a book all about their new school, which includes photo's of teachers, Ta's, class rooms etc.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
All Staff are DBS checked & hold relevant safeguarding training & paediatric first aid.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
All children deserve the opportunity to achieve their full potential. At Acorns pre-school we the follow five outcomes
• be healthy;
• stay safe;
• enjoy and achieve;
• make a positive contribution; and
• achieve economic wellbeing.
The five outcomes are universal ambitions for every child and young person, whatever their background or circumstances. Improving outcomes for all children and young people underpins all of the development and work within this setting.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
We aim to keep parents informed about their child at all times. Communication to parents happens daily with more formal parents meetings being held each term.
We use Tapestry online learning journals, parents have the ability to login to their child's journals to the the activities their children have been involved in.
There is a closed Facebook page for parents information.
- Our complaints policy
We aim to bring all concerns about the running of our setting to a satisfactory conclusion for all of the parties involved. To do this we follow our complaints policy and procedure
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Our building is easily accessible through the front door and we have access to our veranda area. We also have a path to the side of our building to make our garden accessible to all.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Within our building the children have designated toilets and hand washing basins.
- Specialist resources we have
We source specialist resources as required.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Letters and messages go out to all parents and carers about activities, outings and trips inviting all children to accompany us. We vary the days that we do things to give every child the chance to attend some of the trips we provide.
If possible we use Early Years pupil premium money to cover additional costs of trips allowing eligible children of Early Years pupil premium to attend.
All activities are adapted as necessary to allow all children to take part and be included.
Last updated: 04/08/2022