Kernow Carers Service
Support for those who care
Kernow Carers Service (KCS) provides information and support to help you in your caring role. This could include:
- advice and guidance offered through the helpline
- the opportunity to meet with a Carer Support Worker
- getting support for you and the person you care for (this could be via a carers assessment)
- information about benefits
- organising someone for you to keep in touch with and talk to
- helping you plan for the future
KCS also organises activities, forums and training with the addition of short breaks and school groups for young carers.
Who is this service for?
We support all informal and unpaid carers in Cornwall:
- young carers (under the age of 18)
- young adult carers (aged 16 – 25)
- adult carers (aged over 25 years)
Who is KCS?
The service is being delivered jointly by Action for Children, Cornwall Rural Community Charity and the Family Information Service.
This partnership saw the merger of what was Kernow Young Carers and Cornwall Carers to form one service.
Who to contact
- 0800 587 8191
- Link to carers section of the Care and Support & You website