Cornwall & IoS SENDiASS (Special Educational Needs & Disability Information, Advice & Support Service)
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We provide information, advice and support for any child or young person aged 0-25 with a special educational need or disability and their parents and families. Our service is confidential, impartial, accessible and free.
We can assist with
- Understanding the SEND Local Offer, Personal Budgets, the law on SEN and disability, health and social care
- Advice on SEN support, Education, Health and Care plans
- Preparation for meetings and attending them with you
- Resolving disagreements, including mediation and tribunal support
- Confidential information and advice to young people age 16+ on their own if requested
- Linking you in with local parent support groups and forums
We work closely with parents, schools, the Education, Health and Social Care Directorate within Cornwall Council and others to achieve the best outcomes for you and your child.
Cornwall Council fund Careers South West to run SENDIASS in Cornwall.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Cornwall SENDiass
Unit 3 East Pool
Tolvaddon Business Park
- TR14 0HX
The venue is fully accessible.
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Helpline open Monday to Friday 10am - 3pm.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type Free
- Age ranges
- From 0 years to 25 years
- Referral required
- How we make our service inclusive
Easy to read leaflets, the service is located in an accessible building and a range of communication methods are available
- Staff SEND experience
Staff hold qualifications in childcare and education and hold over 30 years joint experience of working with children, young people and their families including those with SEND.
Staff also receive regular training to ensure that these skills are updated and maintained.
- Support at key transition points
We offer information, advice and support at key transitions in a child and young persons life including starting school or an early years setting, as well as transition from primary to secondary and preparing for adulthood
- Other local or national support
There is a list of organisations that offer similar services available on our website.
- Resolving disagreements, mediation and making complaints
There is a complaints policy on our website and a link to service feedback
Last updated: 23/04/2020