Skip to main content

GOV.UK Parents' Learning Allowance

If you’re a student from England with dependent children you may qualify for Parent's Learning Allowance if you’re taking:

  • a full-time undergraduate course
  • an Initial Teacher Training (ITT) course

You don’t need to be paying for childcare to qualify.

Depending on your household income, in the 2017 to 2018 academic year you could get between £50 and £1,617 a year.

It’s usually paid in 3 instalments direct to your bank account, one at the start of each term.

Parents’ Learning Allowance is paid on top of your other student finance and doesn’t have to be paid back.

Visit the website to apply.

Who to contact

Back to top
Powered by Open Objects ©