Grampound Road Pre-School
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Our sessions are based in the Grampound Road Village Hall & there is a wide range of good quality play equipment on offer.
We have access to an outdoor grassed area which is enclosed by a fence & a hedge.This is used all year round & we provide all weather clothing for the children to use.
Our opening times are limited to two full days at the moment (Sept 2021) but this will change depending on the number of children on the register.
We hold a nativity play & sports day at certain times of the year & we also try to do Easter shows but this depends on the ages of the children .
We also run a Parent & Toddler group all year round on a Wednesday 1.30 -3pm , this costs £2 per child & it’s a great opportunity to meet the Preschool Staff & to meet other parents.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Sir Robert Harvey Memorial Hall
- TR2 4EE
Buses running from/to Truro and St. Austell.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 Per Hour £10 Per Term
- We ask that parents pay to help us buy additional resources for Mothers & Fathers Day, Easter eggs for the children & other hidden extras we have
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Access into hall, but poor access to toilets.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Experience with
Yes would have an understanding
All children are welcome in our home.
- Staff have been on cultural courses to learn about festivals.
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Vacancies depend on certain days available
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 2yrs years to 5yrs years (spaces available: )
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 8.30 3 Tuesday 08.30 1pm Wednesday 08.30 12 Thursday 08.30 3 Friday 08.30 12
- Offers pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 22/02/2008 Integrated Good 10/11/2010 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 26/01/2015 Inspection (Early Years Register) Requires Improvement 12/01/2016 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good 10/03/2020 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
We keep regular observations & close contact with Parents /carers . Key worker system is in place & each keyworker works closely with Senco to identify any children that require extra support. Baseline assessments are done on entry of all new children.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Throughout the use of the EYFS , we keep regular observations & cohort sheets on children to identify their progress. We have a visual timetable talking book available to show new children & we carry out small group work for identified children.
- Links we have to other agencies
Speech & language therapist,Area Senco, PLA & Early years Support Workers.
- How we support children transferring to school
We work closely with the Village school & the Reception teacher also visits our setting for a few weeks in the early Summer term.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
We attend training in safeguarding & Child protection plus Senco Cluster meetings in our area.Many years in Early Years has given all the Staff wonderful opportunities to support the children in our setting.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
Close monitoring with parents & Senco supports the children in our setting & we are always available to discuss any concerns with Parents & Carers.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Each half term we hold an event where parents can view their child's Learning Journey & talk to their keyworker. We share a half termly newsletter with all parents & we discuss any next steps/targets with parents regularly.
- Our complaints policy
Complaints are dealt with within 28 days although if we received a complaint we would work together as soon as possible to resolve the problem. Procedures are set out to be followed should the need arise.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
We have a wheelchair ramp that can be brought out should it be required.
- Facilities we have for personal care
There is a Ladies toilet with a sink & Hand drier & a Gents toilet & a Urinal with a wash basin & hand drier.
- Specialist resources we have
We will try to access any specialist equipment should we need it for a child in our setting.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
We would investigate any trips we plan to ensure that it is accessible for all abilities.
Last updated: 02/04/2022