We aim to build up your strength and confidence so you can return to your routine at home.
You must have an assessment to access STEPS. You may be referred to us by a hospital discharge team, your therapist or another health care professional, or by Cornwall Council Access Team. You can request help for an adult from Cornwall Council here.
Your assessment will look at whether you need help with things like:
- Washing, dressing, bathing, showering, getting up and going to bed
- Using the toilet or commode and emptying and cleaning the commode
- Preparing meals, a balanced diet or support with a specified diet
- Carrying out primary health care tasks, exercises and mobility practice to regain confidence
- Identifying local community services to support you in the long term
- Other specific tasks in your reablement plan
It will also look at any adjustments or equipment that might help you, including things like fitting a lifeline alarm, using a medication aid or organising a bath seat or perching stool.
Cormac took over STEPS service from Cornwall Council from 1st October 2015.
Who to contact
Where to go
- PL25 5BZ