Community Energy Switch
Save money with Cornwall's collective energy switching service.
Truro based energy charity Community Energy Plus is working with the national switching organisation energy helpline to coordinate its collective switch and link into the group buying power of several other collectives taking place across the country at the same time.
While the greatest savings will be possible during our collective switching periods, we can still help you to get a good deal on your energy bills at other times!
Register free with no obligation at www.communityenergyswitch.org.uk or call Freephone 0800 954 1956.
You have the power to switch to a better deal. You can take part in our collective switches if you:
- Pay for your energy bills quarterly or monthly, by direct debit, cash or cheque
- Use a pre-payment meter which is topped up by a card or key
- Own your own home or live in accommodation rented from a private or social landlord
- Have, or have not, switched before
- Are on a fixed or variable tariff with your current supplier
- Live inside Cornwall or elsewhere in the UK, excluding Northern Ireland
Five easy steps to get a better deal on your energy:
- Register free, with no obligation online at www.communityenergyswitch.org.uk or call Freephone 0800 904 1956.
- Suppliers take part in a reverse auction from which we secure our exclusive winning tariffs.
- After the auction, you’ll be notified of the winning deal. You can see how much you’ll save and how it compares to other tariffs on the market so that you know that you’re getting a great deal.
- You’ll need to agree to switch before the switching window closes (see dates above). Once you’ve agreed to switch, the necessary arrangements will be made on your behalf by your new supplier.
- Switching is a seamless process – you won’t notice any change to your energy supply and can feel good in the knowledge that you’re saving money on your energy bills.
To boost our buying power we need as many people as possible to register with our collectives before our switching partner hosts the reverse auction with the energy suppliers. Don’t forget to tell your family and friends about Community Energy Switch so that they can register to cut their energy bills down to size too!
The Community Energy Switch is being endorsed and promoted by Cornwall Council, NHS Kernow and Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust.
Who to contact
- Referral required
Last updated: 03/12/2019