Fostering Attachments t/a Inspire Training Group - Therapeutic Parenting Studies - Diploma
Level 3 Diploma in Therapeutic Parenting
The Diploma in Therapeutic Parenting is an unregulated qualification which is accredited with the Awarding Body NCFE.
It is aimed at parents who are caring for children who have experienced developmental trauma. It is also aimed at supporting professionals who are working with families in order to support them, which can be used as evidence for Continual Professional Development (CPD).
The course is delivered online, with the option of full time (1 year) or part time (2 years) study. To achieve the Diploma learners will complete 400 guided learning hours through our online learning platform, which comprises of video-based tuition and knowledge checks throughout, to enable learners to complete the end of unit assessments. Learners will be provided with tutor support as well as peer supported learning through a forum where there is the opportunity to access online training and online assessment workshops to support their learning. A handbook, including all relevant information will also be provided at the start of the course.
The Diploma in Therapeutic Parenting is made up of 10 units altogether, this comprises of 7 compulsory units and inaddition a choice of 3 option units. Learners will be required to complete a total of 10 units of study.
- Give learners a comprehensive overview of how children become traumatised, the effects on the child, and the resulting behaviours.
- Enable learners to understand the importance of using therapeutic parenting techniques with children who have experienced early childhood trauma.
- Identify reasons why children with attachment difficulties provoke strong responses in Carers.
- Enable Carers to recognise their own responses to children with attachment difficulties.
- Assist carers in recognising and managing compassion fatigue/ blocked care.
- Provide parents and carers with the skills and knowledge to avoid feeling disempowered and therefore lessen the impact of blocked care (compassion fatigue).
- Provide supporting professionals and mentoring carers with the skills and knowledge to identify manage and support others in blocked care (optional unit).
- Equip parents and carers with the skills and knowledge to begin to work therapeutically with children with attachment difficulties.
- Enable parents and carers to apply practical therapeutic parenting behaviour management strategies, when working with children who have suffered early life trauma.
- Enable parents, carers and supporting professionals to identify therapeutic parenting models and apply the P.A.C.E model.
- Equip parents, carers and supporting professionals with the tools to solve complex relationship issues between professionals and carers caring for traumatised children.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Sair Penna
- Contact position
- Head of Centre for Therapeutic Parenting Studies
- 01453 452133
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Office is open Monday - Thursday 9am - 5pm Friday 9am - 4pm
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type Option 1 - One off payment up front of £2250.00+VAT N/A Option 2 - 12 monthly payments of £187.50+VAT 24 monthly payments of £93.75+VAT N/A Option 3 - Unit by unit cost for those who want to complete the course at own pace. (Cut off dates for enrolement/payment) £225.00+VAT per unit (Total of 10 units) N/A
- Referral required
Last updated: 29/08/2019