Hannah Avenue Residential and Short Break Provision
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We provide residential placement and short breaks for children age 2-18 with complex physical and health needs. Our aim is to provide a setting where children can be supported to develop, grow and have fun in a safe and nurturing environment.
We understand every child is different, will have different needs and require a different approach to maximize their full potential.
At Hannah Avenue we have the skills, understanding and ability to meet these needs.
Our service includes:
- 24/7 nursing, individualised training of staff, specialising in a range of skills that meets the young person’s needs. This can include all aspects of clinical care, epilepsy, postural and chest management, gastrostomy, complex communication
- Direct links to the School at Hannahs that enables the provision of 52 week placements for young people if required. The staff can then support the young person both in the home and into their education to provide continuity of staffing
- For those young people who are residential we have an onsite team of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech and Language Therapists.
- Core teams around the young person builds relationships and trust
- Onsite access to Sensory rooms, Soft play areas, a Hydrotherapy pool, a Rebound room (trampoline), a large outdoor space with an allotment and wheelchair swing
- A range of onsite and offsite activities
- Social spaces young people can socialise with their peers
- Individualised bedrooms where the residential young people can choose how they would like to decorate their bedroom
- Fully adapted bedrooms and bathrooms with overhead tracking
Who to contact
Where to go
- Hannah Avenue
Dame Hannah Rogers Charity
- PL21 9HQ
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year
- Age ranges
- From 2 years to 18 years
- Referral required
- Referral details
Referral can be via social services or enquiries can be made directly by parents and families.
- How we make our service inclusive
Hannah Avenue is accessible to children and young people with complex health needs and physical and cognitive difficulties.
- Staff SEND experience
There is 24/7 nursing on site and highly specialised carers who are trained to meet the needs of the children and young people. This can include clinical care, epilepsy, postural and respiratory management and gastrostomy care.
- How our service supports providers / schools / colleges
Hannah Avenue is directly linked to Dame Hannah Rogers School so 52 weeks placements with education can be offered. Staff will then support the young person both in the children's home and in school to aid continuity.
- Support at key transition points
Hannah Avenue can provide residential and short break placements for children from 3-18 years old closely linking in with their educational provider and support young people to make life choices at times of transition from early years to primary, through secondary and into young adult provision. Hannah Avenue liaises closely with parents, families and other providers involved the child to ensure smooth transition between provision at key transition points.
- Other local or national support
- Resolving disagreements, mediation and making complaints
Hannah Avenue maintains comprehensive process and policy documents available in an accessible format to enable informal and formal complaints to be dealt with in a timely manner.
Last updated: 11/08/2017