PSCS Lasting Power of Attorney and Living Wills Service
Few people consider what will happen if they become incapable of making decisions for themselves whilst still alive.
For example if they lost mental capacity due to an accident, old age or poor health caused by Dementia, mental health problems, stroke or head injuries.
For peace of mind, it is more important than ever that you make Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA's) to nominate someone Now who you trust to make important decisions on your behalf in the future if and when you can not. The PSCS Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA) service is run by social workers and can assist you with this. We can help to:
- Draw up and prepare your Property and Financial Affairs LPA.
- Draw up and prepare your Health and Welfare LPA.
- Prepare and submit the registration documents to the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG) If you wish to do this at the same time.
The complete service will take you through the whole process and includes the following:
- Discussing and advising on choosing the right attorneys and replacement attorneys.
- Advice on the powers to grant your attorney.
- Advice on how the powers should be exercised e.g. jointly or individually.
- Advice on suitable guidance to express your preferences to your attorney(s).
- Taking full instructions to complete the LPA forms.
- Completion of the LPA form ready for signing.
- Supervising the signing and formally witnessing the procedure.
- Acting as a skilled Certificate Provider (by a qualified and registered Social Worker).
- Arranging for attorney's agreement to act and the signing of their part of the LPA.
- Checking that the attorney’s form is properly witnessed.
- Provide a free living Will (Advance Decision) template.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Ashley King
- Contact position
- Social Worker / Director
- PSCS Lasting Power of Attorney and Living Wills Service's facebook page
Where to go
- We undertake Home visits to you
- PL9 8AW
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Enquiries and appointments can be arranged weekdays,evenings or weekends to suit at your convienience
- Time of day
- If a person needs both LPA's then I complete them both for £300.00 including witness, certification and registration, for a couple living at the same address the cost is 420.00.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Please enter details including what proof is required for the free or reduced rate
- The Court fees are additional at £82.00 for each LPA so £164 for 2 LPAs to be registered. However, if the donor has certain benefits the court fee may be halved or waived entirely. (e.g guaranteed pension credit / housing benefit etc) so I may be able to save on registration fees if eligible.
- Age ranges
- From 18 years to 118 years
- Referral required
- Referral details
Available to anyone over 18 and having mental capacity to make decisions and nominate attorney(s).
There is no waiting list for this service.
Ashley has a full DBS check and is a registered Social Worker with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Call 01752 406353 / 07594 560011 for a no obligation chat about your requirements.
I also offer advice on any other Adult Social Care matters
Last updated: 03/10/2019