Footsteps Childcare Centre
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Independent childcare provider, situated in a converted Sunday School, We have access to an enclosed outside play space, we take many walks around the village, and visit the shop, butchers and church. We have visits from outside agencies - Rockpool Roadshow etc.
Weather permitting we can walk to the beach, feed the ducks and have a large field we can use.
We like getting messy and carry out lots of creative activities both inside and out.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Footsteps Childcare Centre
The Old Sunday School
- PL24 2QH
The nearest train station is in Par, approx 10 mins walk from Footsteps, the Bus stops in village less than 5 mins walk away.
Time / date details
- Session information
- Monday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Tuesday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Wednesday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Thursday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Friday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £38.50 Per Full Day £33.00 Per Full Day
- Full day care, half days or sessions are avaliable
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Please enter details including what proof is required for the free or reduced rate
- A reduced rate for siblings at a 15% discount for the second sibling.
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Able to cater for all diets.
- Has provision
- Variety of resources, images and experiences.
- Languages spoken
Currently only English. Makaton signs are used.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Some funded places available Please call 01726 816911 for details, a prospectus or to arrange a visit.
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 2 years years to 5 years years (spaces available: 8) From 3 months years to 2 years years (spaces available: 1)
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Tuesday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Wednesday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Thursday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Friday 07:30:00 18:00:00
- Offers pickups
- Tywardreath School
- Walking train to and from Footsteps
- SENCo name
- Kelly Russell
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Initially through our induction process and discussion with parents / carers, using our characterises of learning grid. All children are tracked using EYFS, Every child a talker and 2 year old progress checks, all children are linked with a key person who will monitor their progress, plan for next steps and review regularly. Some children may required additional support and this will be planned with the parents.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Through staff training - staff have attended Making Sense, Makaton, Behaviour management and every child a talker training.
All children's development is tracked termly and discussed with parents and carers in termly meetings, staff also use ECAT and long term planning to support children's learning and development.
- Links we have to other agencies
We regularly work with the senior locality Senco, Educational Psychologist, Speech and language therapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapist, Family support workers and Early support. We also provide a copy of the child's 2 year old progress check to share with the health visiting team.
- How we support children transferring to school
We have developed great links with Tywardreath School, we have a transition programme in place and this includes the class teachers (from whatever schools) to visit the child(ren) in the setting, sharing the child's learning journeys (with parental permission), taking the children to visit the school for a morning or afternoon, and we also make transition books.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Staff have attended SENCo training, behaviour management, making sense, Makaton, safeguarding, visual support, Every child a talker training as well as staff attending regular Senco network meetings. Some staff have been training with a physiotherapist to work 1:1 with a child, we have in the past been trained to use sugar level machines for a child with diabetes.
staff have also attended 5 to thrive and emotion coaching.
All staff have paediatric first aid trained.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
All staff are trained in safeguarding, we regularly update our risk assessments to keep us all safe. Staff have attended training on berevement, and have attended TAC meetings and initiated Early support and sought family support workers for a family.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Learning journeys are shared with parents regularly and we invite parents into the setting termly to have informal chats and through events such as open afternoons, coffee and cake and stay and play. Parents have regular newsletters sent out by email to keep them informed of what's happening within the setting, and we have even offered joint staff / parent training in-house offering safeguarding and food hygiene.
We have some children who attend duel settings and we provide them with a communication book to share between both settings.
- Our complaints policy
Our complaints policy is included in our prospectus and this is issued to all parents on enquiry, policies including complaints can be found in the parents policy folder in the entrance.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
We have specialist walking frames and chairs as well as physiotherapy equipment in the setting. We have visual support stop signs on restricted area's, our outside area is accessible to all.
- Facilities we have for personal care
we have visual sequencing strips for toileting and all staff have had dbs checks.
- Specialist resources we have
Specialist equipment for a child that included a walker and chair, peanut balls, speech and language resources including babbling babies and toddler talk.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Through risk assessment, discussion with parents and key person. We also provide in house visits by fire service, rock pool roadshow etc to reduce the costs for parents.
Last updated: 13/06/2019