Foot Care & Toenail Cutting Service - Bluebird Care Mid & West Cornwall
In response to significant demand, we are now offering a new home foot care & toenai lservice for people across mid & west cornwall. This service is available to anyone who needs it, not just customers of Bluebird care.
Our staff have recieved training to deliver this much needed care.
Who to contact
- 01872 276006
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Home visits available Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00
- Time / date notes
- You can book a home visit by calling our telephone number, 01872 276006
- The service costs £20 per visit.
There is a one off cost of £10 for the purchase of a nail cutting kit.
- Referral required
- Referral details
We are very aware of the limitations of who can, and cannot, benefit from this service. Consequently we are using the following checklist to ensure we remain within the defined boundries set by our insurers.
Should you, or a customer answer YES to any of the following questions, the service cannot be delivered.
This checklist is recorded on our Care Managment System prior to EVERY visit.
Foot and Toe Nail Cutting Checklist:
The client must answer NO to all of these to recieve the service.
Do you have/ have a history of:
- Surgery to arteries in legs or feet
- Poor circulation (frequent cramp in legs or feet)
- Rhuematoid arthritis
- Break in the skin or ulcerations on the feet
- Corns or callus near the toe nails, severely thickened or deformed toe nails
- Severe foot/ toe deformity
- Reccurent foot infection requiring antibiotic therapy
- Taking anti-coagulant therapy (warafin)
- Taking oral steroids over 7.5mg daily
- Is currently recieving podiatry care from the NHS
- General allergies - If YES please provide details when referring
- Allergy to plasters