Wendy & Katie Butterfield - Monster Minders
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We run a large happy family where everyone is encouraged to develop to their full potential. A happy child is a healthy child.
All children are encouraged to take part in all activities, we try to provide an enabling environment which is welcoming to everyone. It is essential that parents feel they are getting the best for their children and this is what we try to achieve, while providing flexible care. We care for under 5’s during the daytime and offer care to school children of the local school, before and after school including breakfast and dinner if they require it, we also provide holiday care for all children.
We have been providing childcare for over thirty years and have extensive knowledge of children including those with special needs. At present we have 6 members of staff who are all very well qualified and all of whom work well together as a team and have tremendous empathy for the children in our care. We use Tapestry online learning journal to track and observe your child’s development and education with us, All staff have extensive knowledge of the EYFS. We also use this to share information with parents, for example showing parents what their child has been participating in during the day.
We are lucky to have two large garden areas and an indoor heated swimming pool, all of which are used by the children and also their families. We offer care to school children of the local school, before and after school including breakfast and dinner if they require it, we also provide holiday care for all children. We often visit the local park and go on outings at least two days a week to the Eden project, Newquay zoo, Tehidy woods, Jungle Jacks etc.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Wendy and/or Katie Butterfield
- Contact position
- Wendy & Katie Butterfield - Monster Minders's facebook page
Where to go
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 5.00 Per Hour
- We charge £1 each for breakfast, lunch and evening meal.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
No food provided
- we will respect the dietary needs of all our children.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- All children are welcome in our home.
- We look after all children and have had numerous children with English as a second language.
- Languages spoken
We actively encourage makaton with our under fives.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Other furred animal
- Immediate vacancies
- We currently have a waiting list for September 2021.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 7:30am 6pm Tuesday 7:30am 6pm Wednesday 7:30am 6pm Thursday 7:30am 6pm Friday 7:30am 6pm
- Offers pickups
- Goonhavern Primary School
- Goonhavern Pre-school
- SENCo name
- Katie Butterfield
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Observation and discussion with team members and parents.
We use tapestry to monitor the progress of all under fives.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Observation, monitoring and aid from outside agencies, parental and medical advice.
- Links we have to other agencies
We work closely with the pre-school and any professionals involved with the children.
- How we support children transferring to school
We encourage the teacher from the local school to meet the chidren who will be starting that September, we ensure that the children go to activities at the school and all introductory days. We discuss school often as we do drop off and pick ups, so younger children spend time with school children who all discuss it.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Over 30 years experience with children with additional needs. Any training needed for a new child is supplied.
Moving and handling.
Epilepsy training and use of Midazolam.
Level 2/3/4 childcare education qualifications, teaching qualification, and above.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We encourage healthy eating, indoor and outdoor activities, we try to swim at least once a week. We enjoy outings at least twice a week.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
We discuss children with their parents on a daily basis, and use Tapestry online learning journal.
- Our complaints policy
Our policy is in-line with Ofsted recommendations and available for parents to read.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Full ramped access to large extension.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Changing room, toilets.
- Specialist resources we have
Heated indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi. We source specialist resources if and when we require them. Children have a large range of equipment to educate, entertain and encourage their development in all areas of the EYFS.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
We ensure all activities are compatible with everyone.
Last updated: 07/06/2021