Contact - For Families with Disabled Children
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
In the South West of England we offer our services through a team of home-based workers and volunteers. Working at a local and regional level, we have up to date information on local services and sources of support for families with disabled children.
Our South West team offers:
- free information sessions covering family life and caring for a child with a disability - topics such as behaviour, sleep, siblings, coping and support, money matters and transition - find details of local events and opportunities to meet other families listed below
- attendance at events and local parent support groups providing information and drop-in sessions, including help with completing welfare benefit and funding application forms
- details of local parent support groups
- help to find out about what's available locally
- guidance for parent support groups and parent carer forums to help them reach and involve parents
- training for children's centres to help them reach and involve families with disabled children.
- workshops for professionals working with families
- We work together with government and voluntary organisations. We also take part in local and regional networks to shape policy and ensure the needs of families with disabled children are represented.
We do not currently have an office in this area. Our parent advisers are home based.
- Katie Barron 01503 220 702 email. South West regional development manager. For parent and professional workshops, information sessions and drop-ins for local groups.
- Sarah King, 07920 654 866, email. For parent and professional workshops, information sessions and drop-ins for local groups. Based in Bristol.
- Kay Henry. Our volunteer parent representative based in Cornwall for information and enquiries.
- Sue Mennear, 01179 512 387, email. For parent carer participation and help for forums.
- Alternatively, you can either email or call our freephone national helpline on 0808 808 3555 from 9.30am-5.00pm, Monday-Friday. Advisers can arrange an interpreter over the telephone if needed.
Who to contact
Where to go
- EC1V 1JN
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Mon - Fri 09:30 - 17:00
- Age ranges
- From 0 years to 19 yrs
Contact - For Families with Disabled Children here...