Aurora Foxes Academy
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Out Of County Specialist provision
Aurora Foxes Academy is an Ofsted outstanding specialist college and training hotel for young adults with learning disabilities.
Foxes is situated in the friendly seaside town of Minehead, Somerset. Our courses are holistic, offering training in independent life skills in residential learner houses, with tuition in hospitality and catering skills in a hotel which is open to the general public and highly rated on Trip Advisor.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Aurora Foxes Academy
- TA24 5TY
Please visit our website for full details on where we are located.
Time / date details
- Session information
38 weeks per year
- Please contact our Admissions Team for further details. Every learners fee is costed separately to support their individual needs.
- Age ranges
- From 16 years to 25 years
- Referral required
- How we make our service inclusive
All our staff are highly trained. Our provision is totally focused on empowering young adults with learning disabilities. Therapy is holistic with a strong emphasis on Occupational Therapy and Speech and Language Therapy. Visual aids and communication tools are used in Vocational Training, Independent Living and Out in the Community.
- Staff SEND experience
Our staff are qualified and experienced in working with a range of learning disabilities with accompanying health issues. We use Total Communication where appropriate and have staff trained to help young people manage epilepsy and other seizures.
- How our service supports providers / schools / colleges
- Taster breaks are offered to Special Schools, helping young people find out what it's like to work in a real hotel.
- Work experience
- Transition Events to help with choices post-16
- Support at key transition points
Young people and families are welcome to attend one of our presentation days. We have a dedicated Admissions Team who offer personal support as students prepare for post-16 education and move up.
- Other local or national support
Please see our admissions page, http://www.foxesacademy.ac.uk/admissions for more information.
- Resolving disagreements, mediation and making complaints
Our comprehensive complaints policy and procedure is available on our website. All learners have their own accessible copy of the complaints policy.
Last updated: 04/05/2021