WILD Young Parents' Project - Dads' Work
WILD's Dads' work offers support to dads aged 23 and under over the whole of Cornwall.
We offer 1:1 support, group work and many other opportunities to meet the individual needs of the dads.
Following a referral to WILD one of our dads’ workers will arrange to meet and have an informal chat to not only get to know the dad but also to assess what support that is required and the most appropriate provision available.
The 1:1s are a place to chat, learn practical parenting skills, receive guidance and relevant information. Alongside the 1:1 work we encourage the dads to attend one of our regular groups. We currently have weekly groups in Redruth and monthly groups in Bodmin, Newquay, Bude and soon to be St Austell.
We offer a wide range of activities and a place for young dads to meet and socialise. Some of the activities include:
- Arts and crafts
- Music and dram
- Cooking and nutrition
- Sports and fitness
- Outdoor activities such as surfing, coasteering, kayaking and forest skills
- Gardening - we have just acquired an allotment and plan to plant and grow our own fruit and vegetables.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Luke Keast
- Contact position
- Dads' Worker
- 01209 210077
- WILD Young Parents' Project - Dads' Work's facebook page
- Parent organisation
- WILD - Young Parents' Project
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Please continue to check back for a date when this group will return
- Referral required
- Referral details
Referrals can be made by external organisations, family members or by the dads themselves.
Last updated: 16/02/2021