Are you looking for activities or things to do with your free time or with your family? On this page you will find information about what's available in the county.
In this section we have information provided by organisations, services and clubs; from sports clubs, to outdoor adventure activities, to cinemas and drama groups. Choose from the categories in the purple buttons on the right, and check out things to do all across Cornwall.
Community transport - A number of different types of schemes are available in Cornwall that provide transport where there is no suitable alternative. These include:
- Community Bus Schemes – Minibuses either providing Dial a Ride/Ring and Ride services where you pre-book seats or local bus services.
- Community Car Schemes – Volunteers use their own cars to provide door to door transport. Some car schemes have accessible vehicles.
- Shopmobility – Wheelchairs and Scooters are available to hire in some town centres for residents and visitors.
- Electric Bike/Moped Hire – For Employment purposes individuals can hire a moped or electric bike to enable them to access employment.
If you would like to plan your journey within Cornwall on Public Transport, or within the greater South West, visit Traveline SouthWest or call 0871 200 22 33.
One Public Transport System for Cornwall (OPTSfC) – you can keep up to date with the future developments for Public Transport within the County including changing and increasing the ways you can access information, and supporting the introduction of contactless ticketing.
Public Transport: Information and Advice
- Buses: The majority of bus services are operated by First Kernow, although other operators offer services in specific areas. The Cornwall Public Transport Guide can be found on the Cornwall Council website, although individual operators also display their own timetables.
- Park and Ride – There are several park and ride services available in the county, which are listed on the Cornwall Council website. This includes the Truro Park and Ride which is operated at both ends of the city and offers visitors and workers an affordable and easy parking solution.
- Trains - Cornwall has a mainline service between Penzance and Plymouth, as well as 5 branch lines.
- Air Travel
- Ferry Travel
Check your Entitlement with Cornwall Council
- By Bus: The English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (also known as the Concessionary Bus Pass) provides free travel from 09:30 to 23:00 (and throughout weekends and Bank Holidays) on local bus journeys in England, for eligible individuals (dependent on age or disability). You can check your eligibility and how to apply. Other discounts may be available for other operators and services.
- By Train: There are also discounts available for those with a disability who travel by train. Find out more about the types of rail cards available. You can also find out about the support you can receive if you require assistance boarding.
- PlusBus, Ride Cornwall and Rail-Bus Add-ons – These products can provide additional savings if your journey requires both buses and trains.
- Cornwall Council provides a list of discounted fares on their website.