Skip to main content

Leisure and Transport

Are you looking for activities or things to do with your free time or with your family? On this page, you will find information about what's available in the county.

In this section we have information provided by organisations, services and clubs; from sports clubs to outdoor adventure activities, to cinemas and drama groups. Choose from the categories in the purple buttons on the right, and check out things to do all across Cornwall.

Discounted Entry for my Carer/ Supporting Companion

School and Post 16 Transport

Community Transport

Community transport - A number of different types of schemes are available in Cornwall that provides transport where there is no suitable alternative. These include:

  • Community Bus Schemes – Minibuses either providing Dial a Ride/Ring and Ride services where you pre-book seats or local bus services.

  • Community Car Schemes – Volunteers use their own cars to provide door to door transport. Some car schemes have accessible vehicles.

  • Shopmobility – Wheelchairs and Scooters are available to hire in some town centres for residents and visitors.

  • Electric Bike/Moped Hire – For Employment purposes, individuals can hire a moped or electric bike to enable them to access employment.

Public Transport

If you would like to plan your journey within Cornwall on Public Transport, or within the greater South West, visit Traveline SouthWest or call 0871 200 22 33.

One Public Transport System for Cornwall (OPTSfC) – you can keep up to date with the future developments for Public Transport within the County including changing and increasing the ways you can access information, and supporting the introduction of contactless ticketing.

Public Transport: Information and Advice

  • Buses: The majority of bus services are operated by First Kernow, although other operators offer services in specific areas. The Cornwall Public Transport Guide can be found on the Cornwall Council website, although individual operators also display their own timetables.

  • Park and Ride – There are several park and ride services available in the county, which are listed on the Cornwall Council website. This includes the Truro Park and Ride which is operated at both ends of the city and offers visitors and workers an affordable and easy parking solution.

  • Trains - Cornwall has a mainline service between Penzance and Plymouth, as well as 5 branch lines. You can book assistance 24-hours a day by contacting National Rail Passenger Assist on freephone 0800 0223720.

  • Air Travel

  • Ferry Travel

Private Transport

Discounted and Subsidized Travel

 Check your Entitlement with Cornwall Council 

  • By Bus: The English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (also known as the Concessionary Bus Pass) provides free travel from 09:30 to 23:00 (and throughout weekends and Bank Holidays) on local bus journeys in England, for eligible individuals (dependent on age or disability). You can check your eligibility and how to apply. Other discounts may be available for other operators and services.

  • By Train: There are also discounts available for those with a disability who travel by train. Find out more about the types of railcards available. You can also find out about the support you can receive if you require assistance boarding.

  • PlusBus, Ride Cornwall and Rail-Bus Add-ons – These products can provide additional savings if your journey requires both buses and trains.

Toll Concessions

You may not have to pay the full fare at some river crossings, bridges and tunnels if you’re disabled. In most cases, you have to apply in advance to get a concession.

  • Tamar Bridge

    (A38 Plymouth-Liskeard)/Torpoint Ferry (A374 Plymouth-Torpoint)

    Free vouchers are available to people who:

    • receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance
    • receive War Pensioners Mobility Supplement
    • are exempt from the payment of Vehicle Excise Duty (Road tax); or
    • are registered blind

    You must apply for free vouchers before you travel. You can have up to 100 vouchers a year after you send proof of your entitlement and a passport photograph to the Joint Committee. Send a stamped addressed envelope with all enquiries.

    You can get full details from:

    The Tamar Bridge and Torpoint Ferry Joint Committee
    St Budeaux
    PL5 1LP

    Tel: 01752 812233

Is there anything missing? Give us feedback!

Is there something missing? Do you know of a club that isn’t listed on our site?  Tell us about it so we can spread the word!


Visit our feedback page and fill out a feedback form

Back to top
Powered by Open Objects ©