Find support throughout your pregnancy, right through to the birth of your little one.
Select 'View all services' or browse our highlights below.
- Week-by-week guide to pregnancy | Start4Life
- Your guide to pregnancy | NCT
- Preparing for pregnancy | Family Lives
- Healthy eating during pregnancy | Healthy Start
Eating well in pregnancy | First Steps Nutrition
Vitamins and supplements in pregnancy | Start4Life
- Your guide to labour | NCT
- What happens during labour and birth | NHS
- Am I in labour? - NHS
Sex and intimacy information for new parents | Click
If you're in the pregnancy phase, or if you've just had a child, you may be facing some unique relationship challenges. It's likely that one of those challenges will be sex, and how to stay intimate together.
Explore birth centres in cornwall.
- To book a review please contact your health visitor, or you can phone the Care Management Centre on 01872 221400. All reviews are free of charge.
Working with your midwife, the Healthy Pregnancy team is available to provide advice and support on a range of health promotion topics.
Support group for families experiencing and affected by pre or post-natal depression. Providing a friendly, safe place in which to chat about your experience or just simply sit and chat.
If you have any breastfeeding questions – the Start4Life Breastfeeding Friend chatbot (via Facebook Messenger) has lots of useful information and expert advice to share with you. Whether you're experiencing breastfeeding difficulties or want to know which vitamins to take while breastfeeding, the chatbot is available 24⁄7. You can also get the Start4Life Breastfeeding Friend on Amazon Alexa.
- Click here for the Essential guide to feeding & caring for your baby Cornwall & Isles of Scilly
- Support for new parents | NCT
- Your pregnancy and baby guide | NHS
- Coping with a new baby | Relate
- Breastfeeding | NHS
- Esssential breastfeeding guide (PDF) | Real Baby Milk
- Breastfeeding benefits | Start4Life
- Eating well, for infants & new mums | First Steps Nutrition
- Baby Bath Time: 10 step guide | NCT
- Cradle cap | NHS
- Your baby's vaccination schedule | Start4Life
All services and support from bump to two years, relating to general family life and parenting. Includes pre and antenatal classes (parenting programmes), and activities for mum and baby to enjoy.
With Healthy Start, you get free vouchers every week to spend on milk, plain fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables, and infant formula milk. You can also get free vitamins. You qualify for Healthy Start Vouchers if you’re at least 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under four years old and you or your family are on qualifying benefits.
The HANDi Paediatric app gives up-to-date advice about common childhood illnesses and how to treat them. It’s now available to download for free onto any Apple or Android smartphone or tablet. The app contains information about when and how to ask for help, along with what to expect when your child is being assessed.
Support for parents with babies who have disabilities:
Parents Carers Cornwall
Are you a parent/carer of a child with additional needs or disabilities? Do you attend meetings with schools, health services and organisations? Do you lack confidence in attending these on your own and wish you had someone who could go with you? Parents 4 Parents…07591 019548
Friends of Face2Face Cornwall Oasis Group
Are you the parent/carer of a child 0-25 with a disability or additional need? If so, please join us for a friendly chat with trained parent befrienders who can offer support and signposting. Also meet with other parent/carers in a similar situation over a cuppa!
Support for parents who have disabilities:
The Special Parenting Service
The Special Parenting Service (SPS) supports parents with a learning disability or difficulty. Our team helps parents by providing specialist assessment and intervention to help them achieve their parenting potential and improve outcomes for their children. The service also provides specialist consultation to health and…01209 318358