Social Skills-Interaction resources:
- ‘Comic Strip Conversations: Illustrated Interactions that Teach Conversation Skills to Students with Autism and Related Disorders’ by Carol Gray.
- (Also see http://www.autism.org.uk/about/strategies/social-stories-comic-strips/comic-strip-conversations.aspx)
- ‘Social Stories’ resources, by Carol Gray.
- There is further information regarding both of the above Carol Gray resources (and lots of other information) on the National Autistic Society website: http://www.autism.org.uk/
- The ‘Talkabout’ series of social skills resource books by Alex Kelly.
- The Incredible 5 point scale – Assisting students in understanding social interactions and controlling their emotional responses, 2nd edition, by Kari Dunn Buron and Mitzi Curtis
A 5 Is Against the Law! Social Boundaries: Straight Up! An honest guide for teens and young adults by Kari Dunn Buron intervention that identifies and explains how to handle different levels of anxiety, frustration, and anger