Skip to main content

I need help running the home

Question Mark Symbol

See these frequently asked questions for advice.

Who can help me with heating my home?

  • You could get help to pay your heating bills through the 'Winter Fuel Payment'.
  • Contact your current gas/electricity supplier to ask what help they can offer.
  • Community Energy Plus - a local charity offering advice on keeping your house warm and energy-efficient.

Who can help me with managing my household bills?

Depending on your need, there are many different agencies that can support you to understand your finances and manage your bills, these include:  

I am struggling with cleaning, who can help me?

Keeping the house clean is not deemed to be a social care need.  However, in recognition of this, you may be eligible for Attendance Allowance via the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). This is not a means-tested benefit but assesses your ability to manage at home.  If you receive this benefit, you could use it to contribute towards cleaning costs.

Yellow Pages, local press or the internet will have details of agencies within your area that can offer cleaning services.

Is there anybody that can help with hoarding?

Information about hoarding and support services can be found via Help for Hoarders.

If you need support to see if your home or the home of a relative/friend is unsafe and want some advice, you can contact the Fire Brigade to request a free home fire safety check

Back to top
Powered by Open Objects ©