Do you have a two year old?
If so, then you could be eligible for a free early education place. Your 2 year old could access up to 570 hours of early learning funding, used at 'good' or 'outstanding' Ofsted rated childcare providers.
This funding can be accessed in different ways:
- Up to 15 hours per week over 38 weeks of the year (term time only)
- Up to 11 hours over 51 weeks by stretching funding to cover school holidays
These options depend upon the childcare provider's vacancies and individual circumstances; so please discuss options directly with them.
Your child will be entitled to this funding if you meet one of the following criteria:
Your 2-year-old can get free childcare if you live in England and get one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance USA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
- tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
2- year-olds can also get free childcare if they:
- are looked after by a Local Authority
- have a statement of Special Education Needs (SEN) or an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- are in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- have left care under an Adoption Order, Special Guardianship Order or a Child Arrangements Order
If you're a non-EEA citizen who cannot claim benefits:
Your 2-year-old may get free childcare if you are getting support under the Immigration and Asylum Act and have either:
- claimed asylum in the UK and are waiting for a decision (known as 'part 6')
- been refused asylum in the UK (known as 'section 4')
or if your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, and you have either:
- leave to remain with 'no recourse to public funds' on family or private life grounds
- the right to live in the UK because you're the main carer of a British citizen (known as a 'Zambrano Carer')
Funding starts the term following your child's second birthday:
- A child born between 1st April and 31st August can access childcare from 1st September
- A child born between 1st September and 31st December can access childcare from 1st January
- A child born between 1st January and 31st March can access childcare from 1st April
Click Here to find the right funding for you.
You can apply for 2-year-old funding from when your child is one year and ten months by clicking on the link which will take you to the Cornwall Council Parent Portal Link to portal.
Telephone: 01872 324105
Nursery Funding Team