Please see the attached PDF document for a visual guide.
Alternatively, follow the instructions below:
- Enter your postcode and choose an option from the drop-down menu.
- Press Continue
- Either sign in and create an account (if you wish to save your plan/ come back to it another day) or choose ‘Continue as guest’
- Enter your child’s details if you wish to make a plan or come back to this information later.
- If not, press continue.
- Select an area of the wheel of interest to you. Each segment has multiple sources of information.
- To add a topic to your list/plan, select ‘Add to list. You can add as many or as little as you wish.
- Once you’ve chosen what you’d like to find out more about, press the purple ‘View my list’ button. (Found at the bottom of the page)
- On the next page, you will see the topics you have selected. To view the information and supporting services within each area, select ‘Set Goal’
Work your way through the other sections using the instructions below, completed sections turn green.
- You have the option to make notes or set goals for your child. This element of the wheel is completely optional.
- The helpful resources box is where all information and guidance relating to the topic is kept. You can find services, documents, events and facilities to assist you and your child with a specific need.
- Select ‘more info’ to view each listing in more detail.
- To add it to your printable plan, select the blue ‘add’ button
- If you scroll down, you’ll see a box that allows you to set a time frame for any goals you may have.
- Once you have chosen the information you need, press save.
When you are finished, select ‘Create my Autism Plan’
- A grey box will appear, wait a few moments and the plan will be ready to download.
- Download your plan by choosing 'Download Plan'
To start again or view previous plans (if you have an account) choose 'Start again/ view my plan'
All of the information and resources you have selected will appear on your final plan, which is a PDF document. This includes the details of services and organisations, as well as advice and guidance documents.
Any comments or goals you make when creating your plan will also appear here, along with any time frames if applicable.