We've had many queries from proactive parents lately who are preparing to sort out uniforms for September. So we thought we'd prepare a post to assist those with queries about where to find cheaper/second hand uniform.
Cornwall Council does not provide a grant towards school uniforms.
- Contact your local school; they should have second hand uniform for sale at a discounted cost, usually from the office.
- Many local schools also host second hand uniform sales throughout the year.
- Join these selling pages on Facebook:
- Keep an eye on eBay - It is a fantastic place to go when it comes to finding high quality, second hand uniform.
- Supermarkets have great summer deals on school uniform basics, like socks, trousers and skirts. Supermarkets such LIDL and ALDI often have ‘Special Buys’ at cheaper prices than most other stores.
[Helston and surrounding]
- Join this local selling page, it also covers other areas of the county but is based in Helston, ‘Second Hand School Uniform And Costumes’
- Truro Job Centre ran a free school uniform event on August 3rd, if deemed successful they plan to run future events of this kind. Keep an eye on this page for updates on this.
- The Clothes Horse, Cornwall has free, second hand uniform available.
- Monique from DISC has been in touch to say they have some school uniform for people in Newquay. Mostly primary but a little secondary. You can pop into DISC in Newquay on Friday morning or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Children’s Hospice South West Charity shop has uniform for Wadebridge School.
- Recycle, Reuse, Resale CIC are selling uniform for Tywardreath, Biscovey and Fowey.
We will be updating this page with more information throughout the summer. If you are aware of any school uniform sales, please let us know! Contact email@example.com