We've had many queries from proactive parents lately who are preparing to sort out uniforms for September. So we thought we'd prepare a post to assist those with queries about where to find cheaper/second-hand uniform.
Cornwall Council does not provide a grant towards school uniforms.
- Contact your local school; they should have a second-hand uniform for sale at a discounted cost, usually from the office.
- Many local schools also host second-hand uniform sales throughout the year.
- Join these selling pages on Facebook:
- Keep an eye on eBay - It is a fantastic place to go when it comes to finding high quality, second-hand uniforms.
- Supermarkets have great summer deals on school uniform basics, like socks, trousers and skirts. Supermarkets such as LIDL and ALDI often have ‘Special Buys’ at cheaper prices than most other stores.
- Look out for 'Nearly New' sales happening regularly throughout Cornwall.
- Little Monsters Helston Baby and Children's Nearly New Sales [Helston and Surrounding]
- Cornwall's Baby & Children's Pre Loved Sale are regularly held at Heartlands. They may have second hand uniform for schools in the surrounding area. Pop along and have a browse. 50p entry for adults. Pool, Redruth
- Penwith Kids Clothesline is a facebook group you can join, linked up with the YMCA Cornwall in Alverton, The Centre Newlyn, The Lescudjack Centre on Treneere, PZ Playzone and the local community. The idea is that local children will never go without proper clothing. The community often donate lots of uniform for local schools, available for collection from above, or one of the members. There is confirmation that they currently have school uniform for the local area. Penzance
St Ives and Surrounding Free Clothing Community Group follows a similar community feel to Penwith clothesline, and is a community clothes bank scheme for the surrounding area. St Ives
- Truro Job Centre ran a free school uniform event last year in August 2018, they might plan to run another event like this. Keep an eye on this page for updates on this. Truro
- The Clothes Horse, Cornwall may have free second hand uniform available depending on donations. The Clothes Horse can offer any type of clothing needed from school uniform items, casual clothing, coats and warm clothing for the winter months. You can call on 07866615219 Newquay
- DISC Newquay might be able to help you with primary school uniform depending on donations. You can pop into DISC in Newquay on Friday morning or visit their facebook page. Newquay
- Newquay Free School Uniform Forum is a Facebook group that has been set up to source completely free school uniform for local families. All school clothing advertised is for free or for swap only, helping to limit the cost of school uniform for the local area. Newquay and surrounding
- Recycle, Reuse, Resale CIC have been known to have uniform for surrounding schools: Tywardreath, Biscovey and Fowey. St Blazey
- START Clothing Bank might be able to help you with local primary school uniform depending on donations. You can visit them on the first friday of every month between 12:30 and 15:30, or email firstname.lastname@example.org St Austell
The Children’s Hospice South West Charity Shop often has second hand uniform for Wadebridge School. You can call ahead to check on 01208 895513 Wadebridge