Please note: As we order in batches to prevent the cards expiring early, it can take up to 6 weeks to receive your card.
The Max Card is the UK’s leading discount card for families of children with additional needs. Families can use their Max Card at venues across the UK to get free or discounted admission.
Cornwall Council's Family Information Service has invested in this scheme for all children with a disability, who are registered on our Disabled Children's Record.
The scheme is designed to help families save money on great days out at castles, zoos, bowling alleys, trampoline parks and many more.
A child is eligible for Cornwall's Max Card scheme providing that they:
- Are aged 0 to 19 (Valid until the day they turn 20)
- Have a disability and/or complex health care need
- Are a resident of Cornwall
To apply for a Max Card through the Family Information Service follow these steps:
- Create an account on this website
- Sign in to your new account
- Register your child, along with their disability, on our Disabled Children's Record.
- Select the option, on the register to have a card sent to your family.
- We will send you a card in the post.*
Alternatively, request a paper copy of our Disabled Children's Record form, but ensure you leave a telephone number so that we can contact you for permission.
* Please note, Max Cards will be supplied while stocks last but there is no guarantee or entitlement.
The card is the property of the child, so in order to obtain the discount, the child must be present. In many cases, the discount is extended to carers and accompanying family members, but this varies between the venues.
Venues reserve the right to ask for proof of identity upon presentation of the card. Please ensure that before you visit the attraction you are certain about how many accompanying adults and children are allowed.
Your Max Card is valid for two years.
The expiry date is shown on the reverse of your card.
Please ensure you keep your Max Card safe and secure. If you lose your card, unfortunately, we will be unable to provide you with a replacement.
This is because we want as many individual families to be able to access this scheme as possible.