Skip to main content

Questions about Housing Answered

Find a selection of frequently asked questions we receive regarding housing.  This information will be added to regularly so please keep checking back.

However, if you can't find what you are looking for, contact the Access Team (Education, Health and Social Care) for further guidance.

What support is available to help me maintain my home?

The following can sometimes help with home maintenance:

Where can I get a keysafe?

Keysafes can be purchased via most DIY stores or mobility centres. They are relatively low cost and easy to install.

You can also contact the Handyperson Service which can supply and fit a keysafe at a subsidised rate via Cornwall Council.

How do I apply for a Council/housing association property?

Cornwall Housing operates a choice based lettings scheme called Homechoice.  With one application you will be able to apply for social housing anywhere in Cornwall.  The scheme is designed to give you choice and control over where you wish to live.

Back to top
Powered by Open Objects ©