Please use the dropdowns below to find information regarding understanding feelings and emotions.
Support for families of primary aged children 5-11 years
How we encourage and support children to recognise and talk about their feelings and emotions
An activity to demonstrate how they may feel when they are happy, sad, angry or worried.
Talking about feeling angry, it is ok.
Primary School Age 5-11 years with additional needs.
- Interesting facts if your child is presenting with traits of Autism
- Top tip of the week
- Pictures to support children to recognise the feelings and emotions of others and themselves.
- Recognise the triggers
- Manage the safety of others until the crisis point is over
- Calm and reassure the child before moving on to something positive.
- When the child feels calm they may be able to talk about their feelings.
Do you need some support and advice to understand your child’s needs and behaviours?
- Advice on positive parenting and how to keep your child safe
- To understand the importance of routines for your family
To get in touch with your questions please download the appropriate poster below.
- Penwith - Penzance, St Ives, Hayle and Surrounding
- Kerrier - Helston, Redruth, Camborne and Surrounding
- Carrick - Falmouth, Perranporth and Truro areas
- Restormel - St Austell, Fowey, Newquay and Surrounding
- North Cornwall - Bodmin, Wadebridge, Camelford, Bude and Launceston Areas
- Caradon - Callington, Liskeard and Saltash areas