In this section of the site you will find services, organisations and events that can help support you in your caring role; whether you are a young or adult carer.
Many unpaid carers are unaware of the help they can get because they don't recognise themselves as being carers, as they look after a family member or friend. Caring for somebody can be a full-time occupation and may lead to feelings of isolation and loneliness. Taking steps to be involved in the caring community can help combat this.
In this section of the site you will find a variety of services available for you.
- Carer focused courses and training opportunities (some of which are free!)
- Organisations that can support you, as you or your cared for age
- Wellbeing related services to help you be happy and healthy, essential when caring for others
You will also find organisations that offer local support to carers, such as
- Community drop-in sessions
- Free and subsidised events for carers, like workshops and creative activities
- Support networks specifically for carers
If the person you care for is aged under 25, you can find all the services and organisations offering support in our SEND Local Offer. You can search by subject, selecting the relevant icons from the homepage, or alternatively search by Medical Condition.
If the person you care for is over 25, you can find all services and support under the Adult section of our website. You can see support based on their diagnosis, find activities that are supported as well as view details of organisations that can offer support at home.