Skip to main content

Work, learning and volunteering

Cornwall Council offers a wide range of courses for people across Cornwall. Whether you want to keep your skills up to date, improve them to gain employment, move on at work, work in a new area or support self employment; we want to help you learn, enjoy and succeed.

If you don't have an A-C in GCSE English and/or Maths you can study them for free with the Cornwall Council Adult and Community Education Service.

What is a CV?

A CV is a document that employers will look at to see if you are the right person for the job. CV means curriculum vitae. These are Latin words. 

Mencap offer further information on what a CV should include, in an easy read format. 

We have multiple listings of organisations that can offer you advice to help you put your CV together.

Who can help me write my CV or application form?

If you'd like some assistance with writing your CV or filling in application forms, there are plenty of services that can help you, including: 

Support finding employment

If you want to build up your experience but don’t know where to start – or you need some support with finding employment or voluntary work, there are a variety of different organisations that can help you.

From writing a CV and helping you prepare for an interview, to boosting your core skills – there are many ways in which you can get support with your journey into employment.

Careers South West gives indepedent and impartial advice, guidance and practical help to those preparing for working life. You can also view our listings for a range of other services that can help you with improving your chances of finding work.

Where can I find job listings?

You will find a list of job sites here.

Where can I find volunteering opportunities?

Volunteering is a fantastic way to build up work experience, lend a helping hand and learn new skills. See our page on Volunteering.

Volunteer Cornwall offers positions in various different sectors and has plenty of opportunities. Take a look at our listings for all available volunteer positions in Cornwall.

How can I get to work if I cannot drive?

If your condition or disability stops you from driving, you may be eligible for a National Concession Bus Pass.

The pass entitles you to free travel during off-peak hours (from 9am) and largely reduced travel fares before 9am. 

If you require any assistance in travelling or getting out and about, you can see our listings for all other forms of transport, including private taxis and community transport schemes.

Back to top
Powered by Open Objects ©